The Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office Animal Control section consists of 7 officers and an animal control sergeant. Animal control officers handle calls for service involving animals, principally dogs for animal noise, leash violations, and statute required annual licenses. For any animal control questions, please contact the YCSO Animal Control Office at 928-771-3282
Additional areas of service are animal poisonings, rabies control involving animal bites to humans, aggressive animals, and animal welfare, with regard to neglect and cruelty.
Loose dogs are impounded and sheltered at one of the listed locations, and include dogs or cats being held for safekeeping for a limited time. A pet that has been impounded or quarantined may be reclaimed by paying all appropriate fees to the shelter.
Verde Valley Humane Society, 1502 W Mingus Ave, Cottonwood, AZ, (928) 634-7387
Yavapai Humane Society, 1605 Sundog Ranch Rd, Prescott, AZ, (928) 445-2666
Arizona State Statute 11-1008 Dog license requirements for the unincorporated areas of Yavapai County-
Dog licenses can be renewed annually or purchased up to three years in conjunction with your rabies vaccination.
Dogs 3 months of age and older must be vaccinated for the rabies virus by a DVM and wear a current Yavapai County Dog License. (Dog licenses are available annually).
Dog licenses may be purchased from the Yavapai Humane Society, Sheriff’s offices, and low-cost spay and neuter clinics.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR DOG ONLINE:
- Using the ShelterTrack link, you can sign up for an online account if your dog already has a YCSO dog license. If you are new to Yavapai County, you can register your dog online and a license will be mailed to you, through US Mail, and should be received within a few business days.
- If you have licensing questions, need to update account information, or need assistance with your online purchase, please call YCSO Animal Control at 928-771-3595 or send an email to email@example.com. Our licensing records clerk is available Monday-Friday from 8AM-5PM, excluding holidays.
Those wishing to purchase a Yavapai County Dog License must first provide the following documentation from a veterinarian.
Documentation of current rabies vaccination and documentation of spay or neuter status.
Fees are as follows –
- $5.00 for Puppies first year with vaccination. Each year after will follow the altered or un-altered animal rules
- $5.00 for altered animals and proof of altering must be provided at the time of purchase as well as current rabies vaccination for the calendar year
- $25.00 for unaltered animals and proof of rabies vaccination for the calendar year
*** YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A NEW PHYSICAL TAG UNLESS YOUR TAG HAS BEEN LOST, STOLEN, OR IS NO LONGER READABLE.
Licenses may be purchased at the following locations:
YCSO V.O.C. Substation
6446 Hwy 179, Suite 217
Village of Oak Creek, AZ
YCSO Camp Verde Substation
2830 N. Commonwealth Dr., Ste. 104
Camp Verde, AZ
Yavapai Humane Society
1625 Sundog Ranch Road
YCSO Mayer Substation
12606 E. Main St.
YCSO Williamson Valley Substation
4155 W. Outer Loop Rd., Suite B Prescott, AZ
Yavapai Humane Society Wellness Clinic at 2989 Centerpointe E Drive, Prescott 928-771-0547 - walkin clinics for vaccinations and licensing are held on Saturday from 8am to 4pm