There are two ways to locate individuals in custody:
- Online Yavapai County Inmate Search
- Call the Detention Facility Information Line (928) 567-7734.
Department of Corrections Inmate Datasearch
*** ON-SITE AND REMOTE INMATE VIDEO VISITATION NOW AVAILABLE ***
The Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office is pleased to announce a brand new video visitation system now available at the Camp Verde Detention Center. The system will officially be on-line beginning this coming Monday, April 28, 2014, and will eventually replace the former face-to-face (through glass) method of inmate visitation. Video visitation will greatly increase opportunities inmates have to visit family and friends while decreasing the amount of inmate movement in the jail necessary for face-to-face visitation. An additional option allows an inmate visit without the need to drive to the Camp Verde Detention Center. Online internet video visitation will allow inmate visitations by any standard internet connection for a small charge. Some details:
On-site: Inmate visits at the Camp Verde Detention Center will be conducted in a specially constructed building that houses the video monitors and is located adjacent to detention center parking. Visitation times are Monday through Friday from 12:00 pm – 3:30 pm.* Visits must be scheduled at least 1 day in advance or as far as 7 days in advance and can be completed online. There is no charge for on-site video visits.
*Please remember, there are no on-site visits on holidays.
Online: Avoid the drive completely with a very convenient option that permits an online visit by way of a basic internet connection. These visits are available throughout the year from 6AM to 10PM for a cost of only $10 per visit. Please schedule at least one day in advance. It is suggested you log in 15 minutes before your scheduled visit time. After completing the tester, a program which confirms your computer’s ability to handle the video transmission, click “Start Visit,” then “Allow,” and your visit will begin at the scheduled time. ** See the instructions below in red text to ensure your computer is set properly.
All visits are limited to 25 minutes each session.
Visits may be scheduled online at: https://jailvisiting.ycsoaz.gov .
Detailed instructions for both the on-site and online visitation programs are available in the following attachment – Video Visitation Instructions
** Prior to online visiting, ensure that your computer is ready by following the steps below:
- You will need Adobe Flash Player. Verify you have the most up-to-date version of Flash Media Player .
- You will need a webcam, either internal (built into the monitor) or external (plugged into your USB outlet). If you require a camera, one can be purchased at almost every big box retailer including Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy and many online retailers for as little as $25.
- Identify if you have a microphone attached to your computer. Many computers have a built in microphone. To locate, click Control Panel in your start menu then Sound. In the Sound menu click Recording. If you do not see any options you will need to purchase microphone. Headsets can be purchased with both microphone and headphones. In addition, many webcams come with a built in microphone.
- Ensure that your webcam and microphone is attached to the computer and the devices’ firmware has been installed.
- Close all other programs that might use your webcam. This can include web chat programs, such as Skype, Windows Live Messenger or programs that came with your webcam.
- Locate the speaker volume. To do so, click the speaker icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Adjust to an appropriate level. You will need to user either headphones or speakers.
- Check your internet speed . For best results you will need at least 400kbps download and upload.
- For best results, use headphones to help cut down on noise echo issues.
- On the following page, when prompted, click “Allow” in the “Adobe Flash Player Settings” pop-up. Check “Remember” to bypass this step in the future.
Mail and Phone Calls
Letters only – packages of any kind will not be accepted!
Mailing Address: [Inmate Name], 2830 N Commonwealth Drive, Suite 105, Camp Verde, AZ 86322
The following items will not be accepted:
- Polaroid type photographs
- Blank paper and envelopes
- Newspaper clippings
- Laminated items
- Magazines or periodicals (This includes items that have been printed from the internet.)
- Greeting cards (Exception: Christmas cards are limited to three (3) greeting cards per inmate, from December 1st through December 31st of each year.)
- Correspondence on colored paper (Exception: yellow “legal pad” paper)
- Correspondence scented with perfume, cologne, or any other fragrance
- Correspondence containing:
- Inflammatory materials
- Sexually oriented or pornographic material
- Other than pencil or blue or black ball point pen
- Gel ink
A sender may informally appeal the rejection of mail to the Housing Services Bureau Commander.
Eastern Detention Bureau: (928) 567-7734
- Inmates are allowed to make telephone calls from their housing areas.
- All outgoing calls to the public are collect.
- Messages are not taken for inmates, except in verified emergency situations.
- Incoming calls for inmates are not allowed, except in verified emergency situations.
If an individual wishes to deposit money on behalf of an inmate, he may do so by using the services offered through ConnectNetwork.
What is ConnectNetwork?
ConnectNetwork is a deposit service for you to add money to an inmate’s trust fund account and/or your prepaid telephone account. With several different deposit methods available, ConnectNetwork is the quickest and most convenient option to fund your loved ones account. Purchasing money orders, mailing deposits and waiting several business days for the funds to post are now eliminated with ConnectNetwork.
There are 3 Easy Ways to Use ConnectNetwork:
- Online: ConnectNetwork
- Deposit Kiosks located at the Yavapai County Detention Center. Kiosk accepts Cash ($5, $10, $20, $50, $100 bills) Credit/Debit Cards (MasterCard or Visa only)
- By Phone: Inmate Trust Accounts: 24/7 Automated System – 888-988-4768. All other issues: Customer Service – 888-949-3303
Persons Being Taken Into Custody to Serve Jail Time
(Court ordered or self surrender)
- What Not to Bring
Suitcases, toiletries, linen, make-up, books, writing materials, stamps, jewelry, mechanical devices, knives, over the counter medication, checkbooks, crafts, candy, cigarettes, extra clothing, musical instruments or cell phones.
A daily charge of $2.00 for meals is charged in accordance with ARS 31-121.
Items you may purchase from the inmate store include candy, toiletries, writing materials and stamps. These items MUST be obtained through the jail for security reasons. Clothing, footwear, hygiene items and linens are provided by the jail.
Persons Being Released From Custody
If you received PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION while in custody at the Yavapai County Detention facility, BEFORE you are released you will need to ask the Detention Officer to notify Medical Services.
If you are released without your prescription medication, you can call WITHIN 24 HOURS OF RELEASE, to make arrangements to obtain your medication. Call (928) 567-7734 and ask for the infirmary.
No Narcotics or over the counter (OTC) medication will be provided after your release.